Bryson Platt – Business Marketing
Anna Bowden – Family & Consumer Studies
Madison Schnoor – Fines Arts, Band
Emily Russell – Orchestra
Lily Clement – Fine Arts, Visual
Charlotte Westover – Fine Arts, Vocal
Leighanna Huston – Foreign Language
Brian Selby – Health/PE
Jacob Bean – Industrial Arts
Tara Crosswhite – Math
Stephanie Roberson – Science
Kasey Lightheart – Social Science
Olivia Underwood – Language Arts
Sydney Dersham – Newspaper
Alicia Skinner – Yearbook
Congrats to ALL!
Do you have a friend or relative who is a graduate from Thurston High School? Are you looking for a way to support a great cause?
Thurston High School’s Peer Group is always looking for a way to better our community. Our mission this year is supporting local veterans. In an effort to raise money for veterans in the Lane County area, we created “Legacy Bricks”. The bricks are engraved with a personalized message and placed into the ground for everyone to see. They are a great gift for a graduating senior, a relative, or a great friend. Not only are they great gifts, a portion of all brick sales are donated to a local non-profit organization that helps support veterans.
4″ x 8″ bricks can be purchased for $30 each
8″ x 8″ bricks can be purchased for $45 each
FOR QUESTIONS CONTACT JAMES UNDERWOOD AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Thurston High’s Peer Group gave over $7000 to local non profits yesterday as part of their annual Community 101 program. Caring Colts!
Going to be a Junior or a Senior and running behind on credits? Had a bad semester? Summer School applications are now available in the counseling office! Spots are limited, so don’t delay! Make your payment with Ms. Murray in Student Services, then bring the receipt and completed application to counseling.
Spring Senior Reminders
- Important Dates
- Tuesday, May 23rd @ 6:30pm – Scholarship and Award Night
- Wednesday, May 24th – Community Service Hours Due in Counseling
- Tuesday, May 30th – Friday, June 2nd – Graduation Tickets on sale
- Tuesday, June 6th – First day of finals for seniors
- Wednesday, June 7th – Last day of finals/school for seniors
- Thursday, June 8th
- Mandatory Graduation Practice at 8:30am in the Main Gym
- Baccalaureate (optional event) 8:00pm
- Friday, June 9th
- Senior Breakfast @ Venue 252 in Eugene
- Fees must be paid by 12:00pm (to get your diploma)
- Saturday, June 10th (GRADUATION DAY!)
- Graduation Practice @ 9:00am at the Hult Center
- Graduation Ceremony at 1:00pm
- All Night Party at Willamalane Sports Center 9:00pm to 2:00am
- Graduation Practices
- Practice #1 – Thursday, June 8th 8:30am-10:30am in the Main Gym
- You will get cap and gown & cords after practice
- Practice #2 – Saturday, June 10 @ 9:00am at the Hult Center
- Parking is an issue – carpool or get dropped off
- Baccalaureate (optional event) Thursday, June 8th @ 8:00pm
- Sponsored by Young Life
- 8:00pm in the Main Gym (seniors arrive by 7:15pm)
- No tickets necessary
- Senior Breakfast – Friday, June 9th 8:00-10:00am
- Venue 252 in Eugene
- Tickets go on sale May 16th
- $16.00 per person – may be purchased online on in the Bookkeeper’s Office
- All Fees must be paid by Friday, June 9 at 12:00noon
- You will not get your diploma at graduation if you have a balance on your account
- Graduation Details
- Graduation Practice at 9:00am – 2 hour practice
- You WILL NOT have time to go home
- Bring dress clothes, cap and gown, & lunch or money
- You need to be in cap/gown at Hult Center at 12:15pm for class photo
- Ceremony begins at 1:00pm
- Outside doors open at 12:00noon, Auditorium doors open at 12:15pm for guests
- Wheelchair access and special seating needs to be pre-arranged through the counseling office
- Graduation Tickets
- 6 tickets per family (4 free, 2 @ $10.00 per ticket)
- On sale May 30th – June 2nd (10am-2pm) Theatre Box Office
- Tickets will be held for students on the bubble for graduation
- Extra tickets go on sale Tuesday, June 6th ($15 each). You need to request extra tickets ahead of time in the counseling office.
- Graduation Dress Code
- Graduation a formal event
- Men – shirt & tie, dress shoes or boots
- Women – dresses, skirts, nice pants & blouse, dress shoes (no flip flops)
- No decorating caps
- Worried about cost? See your counselor!
- All Night Party-Saturday, June 10th 9:00pm-2:00am Willamalane Sports Ctr
- $40 per ticket
- Buy tickets in the Counseling Center
- Senior Class Officers Reminders
- Vote for your senior awards that will be announced at Senior Breakfast ASAP!
- Send photos for the senior slide show and scrapbook
- Counselor Reminders
- Service Honors Diploma (special cord at graduation)
- 0 GPA and 100 hours of Community Service
- Hours due to counseling office on May 24th
- Naviance Tasks are DUE now!!!
- Log on and finish – you will NOT receive your diploma if you don’t get them done
- Order Final Transcript to be sent to your college at the first grad practice
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Use of possession results in a 5 day suspension. Practice is only 2 days away from graduation. We want everyone to be at graduation!
- Class of 2017 – We are so happy for you!!! Finish Strong!