Dear Thurston High School Families:
Thurston High School is committed to keeping all students safe from bullying, harassment, or physical aggression. THS is also committed to building positive and supportive teacher, student, and peer relationships. THS also works hard to restore these relationships if and when they have been harmed. We are currently partnering with the University of Oregon as a Control School for a research project that involves the following:
- Asking students, parents and staff questions regarding the safety and school culture at Thurston High School
- Students will be asked to complete a student survey at the beginning and end of the school year regarding their perspective of safety, bullying and the overall school culture at THS.
Parents will be asked to complete a parent survey at the beginning and end of the school year regarding their perspective of safety, bullying and the overall school culture at THS.
- And Staff will also be asked to complete a staff survey at the beginning and end of the school year regarding their perspective of how bullying, safety and the overall school culture is at THS.
We are asking that you, as a parent, do the following:
- Review the attached Passive Parent Consent Form. (attached – English and Spanish versions)
- If you are OK with your student participating in the activities listed above, you do not need to do anything.
- If you DO NOT want your student to complete the student survey, please return the opt-out form to Thurston’s Main Office by November 13, 2019.
- Please then click on the link provided and complete the Parent Survey within the next four weeks: https://tinyurl.com/y2scat2z
Parents who complete the survey will receive $30.
For questions about the research study, please contact Claudia Vincent at email@example.com. Paper copies of the Parent Survey and Passive Parent Consent form are available at the THS’ Main Office.