Grad Letter 2019
Graduation is June 8th and planning is underway for activities during graduation week. Listed below are important dates and information for you and your senior student to remember.
Admission to the graduation ceremony at the Hult Center will be by “ticket only.” The Hult Center requires everyone, including infants, to have a ticket. The graduate’s family will be allotted up to six tickets. Four tickets will provide admission to the Hult Center main floor and mezzanine. Two additional tickets will provide admission to the upper balcony. The first four tickets are free and the remaining two tickets will have a charge of $10.00 each. The ticket fee is to cover rental charges for the Hult Center. Tickets will be on sale Tuesday, May 28th—May 31st(10 a.m. to 2 p.m) at the Thurston High Auditorium Ticket Box.
Tuesday, May 7th– 1st Period Mandatory Senior Meeting– THS Auditorium 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday, May 22nd Scholarship and Awards Night: 6:30 p.m. THS Auditorium- Please inform Mrs. Auxier, our Career Center Coordinator at 541-744-5157, immediately of any awards or scholarships your student has received. Form enclosed to be filled out and returned to the College and Career Center.
Tuesday, June 4th Senior Final Exams: First day of finals for seniors Wednesday, June 5th Senior Final Exams: Last day of finals for seniors
Thursday, June 6th Graduation practice: 8:30 a.m. THS Main Gym (be on time).
(Baccalaureate: optional event sponsored by Young Life, 8:00 p.m. THS Main Gym (participating seniors arrive by 7:15 p.m.).
Friday, June 7th Senior Breakfast: 8:00 -10:00 a.m. at Hotel Eugene, 66 E 6th Ave, Eugene, Or 97401.
Tickets go on sale May 13th and may be purchased in the THS Bookkeeper’s office or online at http://mkt.com/THS-ASB. All tickets are $18 each, including senior students attending the breakfast.
All student school fees must be paid by June 7th at 12:00 p.m. with the Bookkeeper to receive your diploma at graduation.
Saturday, June 8th
Graduation Practice: 9:30 a.m. (Do Not Be Late to Studio One at the Hult Center).
Graduation: 1:00 p.m. Hult Center (seniors arrive in Studio One at the Hult Center by 12:15 p.m.).
Be ready for Graduation, dressed formally, and with cap and gown on a hanger.
Senior All Night Party: 9 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. at the Sports Center on 32nd Street.
See enclosed registration form for detailed information.
- More than six tickets (extra tickets) may be available for graduation. Please submit the enclosed form and return to the Counseling Center. Extra tickets will be released starting on Tuesday, June 4th. The Counseling Office will begin calling those who request extra tickets, Tuesday, June 4th. Extra ticket cost is $15 for each additional ticket.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed to seniors on Thursday, June 6th during morning graduation practice.
- All student fees must be paid by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, June 7th, for a student to be given a diploma on graduation day.
All other diplomas will be held in the Counseling Office until the student presents a receipt showing a zero balance.
- Tickets are not necessary for Baccalaureate.
* A professional photographer will be available at Graduation.
* Wheelchair access and special accommodations for graduation at the Hult Center must be pre-arranged. Please fill out the enclosed form and return to the counseling office by Friday, May 31st.
* The Hult Center lobby will open at 12:00 p.m., on June 8th. Doors to the Hult Center auditorium will open between 12:15-12:30 p.m. Seating at the Hult Center is on a first come, first served basis.
The Hult Center parking structure and the 7th & Olive Parkade have a $5.00 event-parking fee.
Students will wear caps and gowns and are asked to dress formally (no flip flops) for this event. This is a requirement.